Bonhams‘ recent dedicated BLUE Auction in aid of the NHS Charities COVID-19 Urgent Appeal has raised an impressive £405,300 with all of its 61 lots sole in the not-for-profit online auction.
The sale, which took place from April 8 to 29, included pledges donated by some of the UK’s leading actors, musicians, artists and sportspeople.
Now, the various lucky winners will be enjoying a wide range of experiences and items including visiting Grayson Perry’s Studio, having tea with the cast of The Crown, spending the day as an extra in Call the Midwife, and playing a game of University Challenge with Jeremy Paxman.
Among the highlights in the auction were:
- An Invitation for Two from the Duke of Richmond to His Private Track Day at Goodwood. Raised £25,000.
- Grayson Perry offered a visit to his studio, which raised £22,000.
- Antony Gormley R.A. A work on paper, FOLD I, 2018, signed, titled and dated. Raised £17,000.
- A big thank you NHS, 2020 by Ronnie Wood. Raised £17,000.
- A clapperboard from the 25th James Bond film, No Time To Die featuring the signatures of the music artist, key cast and crew. Raised £13,000
- The Alternative Royal Family Tea Party. The Ultimate Afternoon Tea For Two with The Queen (Olivia Colman), Princess Margaret (Helena Bonham Carter), Margaret Thatcher (Gillian Anderson) & Lady Diana (Emma Corrin) from the TV series ‘The Crown’ for afternoon tea at the Great Scotland Yard Hotel. Raised £7,500.
- Jeremy Paxman hosts a round of University Challenge for one family, plus another family of their choice in a no-holds-barred contest, complete with a scorer. This special experience raised £5,000.
Bonhams has waived all charges which means 100% of proceeds are going to the NHS Charities Covid-19 Urgent Appeal. Funds from the NHS Covid-19 appeal will help support the health and wellbeing of NHS staff and volunteers supporting Covid-19 patients in ways above and beyond which NHS funding can ordinarily provide.
Ellie Orton, Chief Executive of NHS Charities Together, said, “This is a brilliant result. We are so grateful for all the work and hours that Bonhams put into the BLUE auction and for waiving their fees, which is tremendously generous and kind. This is will make such a difference to the NHS staff, volunteers and patients impacted by Covid-19.”
Patrick Masson, Bonhams Managing Director for the UK and Europe, said, “This is a truly fantastic result and we are so pleased to have played our part in supporting the NHS staff and volunteers working so hard for us on the frontline. We would like to thank all the generous donors for making this possible, and to congratulate the winners, who now have some exceptional experiences to look forward to.”
Money raised in the auction will go towards a range of benefits for NHS staff and COVID-19 patients, including well-being packs, travel and accommodation costs.