Auctioneers Bonhams and the organisers of The Battersea Decorative Antiques and Textiles Fair have announced The Decorative Antiques & Textiles Fair online auction to run from January 29 to February 12.
The world-renowned event is usually held in Battersea Park, London three times a year, presenting carefully chosen, inspiring pieces with which to decorate, refresh or embellish interior and exterior spaces. However, the current restrictions to control the Covid pandemic have meant that such planned fairs and events have not been able to take place since last winter.
The online-only sale will start on January 29 – when the live winter Fair would have been held – and run until February 12. As ever, the emphasis will be on a careful curation of unusual antiques and 20th–century design, garden artefacts, exciting works of art and objects, and cherished collector’s items.
Around 350 lots are anticipated to be on offer covering among other areas:
- Fine formal English and Continental furniture
- Decorated and painted furniture
- Country house antiques and upholstered furniture
- Arts & Crafts, Aesthetic period and Art Deco
- Antique rugs and textiles
- Decorative antiques and C20th design
- Garden antiques
- Fine modern design by named international designers
- Lighting and mirrors
- Treen, folk art and country antiques
- Art nouveau and deco collectors’ items such as sculpture, ceramics and glass
- Fine and decorative art of all periods